Welcome to http://www.heresthegig.com!

Welcome to www.heresthegig.com. This is a chronicle of the changes that I am making to my project 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe. Join me on my journey to get the old girl back on the road the way she was meant to be. For questions, please email me. Thanks for coming by.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

One little ad on Craigslist started it all.

One little ad on Craigslist started it all, and I was somewhat smitten...

It was June 21st, 2010 that all of this started. I sat at lunch, with full intention to buy a car that I had owned once before. For me, after weeks of looking at cars I decided to go back to Volkswagens. And so, that afternoon I was going to goto the bank and get the cash that I needed to buy a 1962 Karmann Ghia Coupe.





Photobucket
Front shot from the Craigslist ad

Photobucket
Rear of the car from the Craigslist ad
Photobucket
Interior shot from the Craigslist ad
And all I did was browse Craigslist during lunch and the pictures above are what I saw. Anyone that knows me has a working knowledge that I have penchant to seeking out vintage. I put down my lunch and went to see my then fiancee to have her come and look at the car. If memory serves right, I was in awe and spoke in a quiet voice to denote how shocked that such a car was available. . . and at the right price.  This I could not pass up as a car like this doesn't come by every day.  Since being involved the aircooled Volkswagen hobby, I had never become involved with anything close to MoPar.  So this was out of my comfort zone immediately.



On the tow truck back to it's new home

And so, after short discussion I scheduled a time for my buddy and I to go and see the car.  Two days later on June 23rd, this is what happened.

I was told that the new object of my affection was called a 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe.


For more pictures of June 21st to 23rd, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment